Monday, July 13, 2009

Eastside Seafood Salad - Refreshing lunch addition

Who would have thought a place known for the best beef in town would offer such a light and refreshing seafood salad - surprise!!

When I designed this light, low-carb creation, that was exactly what I had in mind. I wanted something on our new luncheon menu that would appeal to anyone who wanted the "El Gaucho ambiance" with something light - so I created the Eastside Seafood Salad.

Besides being loaded with seafood, like prawns and crab, its secret is the very light soy vinaigrette dressing. Actually, there are only 2 tablespoons of soy in the 2 quarts of dressing we make so while you don't really taste the soy, it adds a bit of zest and life to the dressing.

We also use New England Bay Shrimp as these are extremely fresh right now and very firm and flavorful. Combined with the crab, hearts of palm and romaine lettuce, it is light yet filling. I like to use romaine that is closer to the heart of the lettuce simply because it is much more flavorful than when you get out to the ends of the lettuce leaf.

I can go on and on about how tasty this salad is - but how about you stop by and taste one for yourself. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think - I'm always looking for ways to continually entice our customers palates.

No comments:

Post a Comment